Thursday, January 12, 2006

Waitlisted for ISB

mmm... It may seem that I am not a regular blogger. But I have been very busy offlate and could not do much of blogging.

Finally I am finished with my MBA applications etc. Thanks to TD Srinivasan, Sarath and Nagendra. They have been of great help in me finishing these off in time. I got an interview call from ISB - which I expected to happen much earlier but coz of some batch statistics etc. was delayed. The interview went well... but I think... I was not in a mood to take interview on that day.

I just wanted to convince them of what I am... I am a guy who takes things as such not judging them at all... I do make a lot of analysis but I dont judge anything... I strive to get data before I start something... But in an effort to do so I might have sounded a bit harsh.. guess it must be the reason I got waitlisted. But I believe I will be able to make it in the end....

Something in me told me that I may be waitlisted when I was about to open the mail and it was what happened. Now the same thing tells me that it will be a fruitful wait:) so I hope it happens in accordance with that "something" this time also.

I got many wierd ideas after getting waitlisted. of writing GMAT - my GMAT was less at 670 but in a mood to make it in the first round itself I applied. Also my project manager told me that I may have to go to Denmark..... Well nohing happened but I am glad that I applied by R1 deadline. I am thinking of writing NCFM certification.. you know I am very interested in Stock Market. I am really interested in shifting career to Finance....
But my experience tells me - you will love anything as long as it is not your work :) - so dont ask me why I am not into Finance when I come out of ISB........

But my friend Srikanth Sattiraju, a current student of ISB (He is such a nice fellow. He takes pain to reply to all my mails inspite of his tight schedule. My special thanks to him.) told me not to worry about any such thing and try and read something about the Micro Economics so I can be well prepared to face the grinding schedule. Gives me a lot of hope about the rosy future.


Well thats it for now.........
Thinking very seriously about what to do to get into the good books of the adcom of ISB now, I am signing off.

No comments: