Umh!! Had a busy day today. Actually, these two days have been very busy - loads of work for the project delivery is nearing. I have been building an application for a very popular retail store chain in USA as a part of my work. I think it will be violation of confidentiality rules in case I name the client or the company that I work for - after all this is my personal blog and I dont want to distract all those searchers who may search for these firms.
I have changed my blog site name today. I think it should reflect what I really am rather than what I want to be - also the name "SearchWhat" may attract more hits :)
Last week I went to the Kalachakra mahasabhas at Amaravathi - the biggest union of all Buddists that happens every 5 years. It was a very nice journey: let me describe the road for you......
The river krishna is a very important river in south India. It covers more fertile land under its belt than any other rivers. The road is along side the river coast, following the twists and curves of the river. It is on a raised ground and the view gives a nice picture of river coast and the Banana plantation along the coast. The other side of river is also on lower grounds and this time its the corn fields that grab your eyes. Endless rows of corn plants full of greenery filling the entire visible area this side. The fog that covered the rest of the view made it appear as if I am on a green Island floating among clouds when I look to the left and when I looked right it appeared as if I am on real island as the other end of the river was not visible due to the fog.
All in all I enjoyed the journey verymuch. But it was chaos when I reached Amaravathi. I didnt know what to expect and what to see there. We went to the area where Dalai Lama was giving his speech - but could not grasp it coz it was in Tibetan. We saw the 100 feet Buddha statue being built by the government of AndhraPradesh. We saw the huge gathering of monks. The fun was to watch the kids. They were new to the place and it being a village the transport and people were very different to what one gets to see in a city. Kid-Monks were runing around the roads pulling other monks dress hangings etc. and jumping on and off the Rickshaws driven by other people.
The Buddha stupa was another place that I visited; it was decorated with flowers and garlands. The monks offered innumerous glasses of water to the lord and kept those glasses around the stupa which was some 500meters in perimeter. The whole yard around was looking so colorful for there were cloth hangings of vivid bright colours all around hung on ropes tied to trees and poles there.
We finally visited the famous Amaranatha Swamy temple of lord shiva, bought the prasadam (food offered to god) and returned home.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment