I have just put the phone receiver down. I have just spoken to the so called "EXECUTIVE" from XXXXXX Bank who are going to offer me free card for life time. These executives dont have courtesy to even ask for time, or if the person is inerested in such stuff. Well thats how it is out there except for few exceptions.
Let me tell you of a funny incident that happened with me when I applied for a XXX credit card - One day I received a call from a "Geeta" asking me if I am interested in a life time free credit card from their "esteemed" bank. I have heard of incidents where this esteemed bank had levied charges on people who has not even applied for their card but still received it in courier and rejected it then and there right out. So I said I would need time to think if I really need one.
I thought I would take this new card - after all its free for life and is a GOLD card. So when a lady called me the other day about this CCard, I told her that I am interested in it and would take it but since I have already committed to extend my generosity to "Geeta" I asked her name: "Are you Geeta who called me the other day?"
"Yes Sir. I am Geeta. I would send a representative now. Please dont go even if someone calls you for the application, I will give you a call when he comes to your office. Otherwise I would not get the commission."
"Okay Geeta! I will wait for your call"...
"Thanks Sir! Have a Gud day"
"You too... Click!!"
"Click!!..."
I got another call from her and she informed me that the Rep has come and I can give him the application. I did so and got back to my seat.
Interestingly, that evening I got another call from "Geeta" again!!! She asked me if I made up my mind about the CCard. I told her that I already submitted the App as per her call. She was shocked and asked me why I didnot bother for her.. (Well well! I didn't know I was supposed to learn the art of recoginizing people by their voice that too through telephone) I told her that I asked for the name of the caller and she confirmed that she was Geeta.
She said, "Who would not say he is so and so if asked for like that?Its a cut-throat market Sir! CLick!!..." (remember I asked "Are you Geeta?")
mmm well so....
The irony is that I never got that CCard. So I can still help the original "Geeta" by applying again. :)
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment